VP Investment Officer
|December 05, 2013 - February 18, 2014|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The VP Investment Officer reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and exercises responsibility for the management of Sandia Laboratory Federal Credit Union's (SLFCU’s) investment portfolio according to NCUA rules & regulations and SLFCU’s Investment Policy. In addition to managing the investment portfolio, the VP Investment Officer also manages the process of selling or retaining selected loan types in the Credit Union’s loan portfolio. The VP Investment Officer works in conjunction with Executive Management and SLFCU’s Asset/Liability Committee (ALCO) to develop a comprehensive strategic program for the investment and monitoring of these funds so as to make them as productive as possible in meeting the needs of SLFCU.|
THIS POSITION DOES NOT REQUIRE A SKILLS TEST.
|Duties:||• The VP Investment Officer develops portfolio strategy, directs the investments of cash balances daily in overnight investment products and the purchase or sale of securities as needed to implement portfolio strategy in compliance with established policies and procedures to meet the needs of SLFCU. Serves as the front-end relationship with Authorized Dealers and Financial Institutions as described in the Investment Policy. |
• Manages the pool of originated loans to determine which loans should be sold or retained based on changes in the interest rate environment. Monitors the rate environment available for secondary market sales and determines the strategies for selling originated loans.
• Oversees portfolio allocation levels to ensure alignment with asset management strategies and SLFCU risk appetite.
• Works with Executive Management to set rates on loans (particularly relative to secondary market sales) and deposits via the Credit Union’s ALCO.
• Analyzes data, prepares projections and estimates and prepares or reviews reports to comply with established requirements and provides information to Executive Management and ALCO in support of evaluating performance and policy or portfolio changes.
• Works closely with external auditors and examiners to ensure that SLFCU is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and GAAP.
• Assists Executive Management with the oversight of investment brokers and consultants, assessing their strategies and performance. Works closely with SLFCU’s consultants/brokers and other service providers to facilitate the investment process.
• Responsible for all internally managed portfolios including the daily investment activities.
|Qualifications:||• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field and professional certification (e.g. CFA, CPA, etc.) Master’s degree desired.|
• Minimum 10 years direct investment portfolio management experience for a financial institution, preferably a credit union.
• Expert knowledge of financial analysis, including the reporting of financial data.
• Advanced knowledge of market conditions and monitoring techniques.
• Advanced knowledge of applicable federal and state financial regulations.
• Possesses exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations on complex topics to management, the Board, Board committees, and outside groups.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.